Our pediatric clinic is seeking an energetic, positive and qualified level 2 dental assistant to join our excellent team of dental professionals. We are a rapidly growing, privately owned dental office in the Beaches region, looking for a talented and enthusiastic Dental Assistant. Your role will be vitally important to keeping our practice running smoothly and maintaining our valued patients in the highest level of dental health.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Medical history update and risk management assessment of patients
- Provide patient education
- Provision of preventive dental care
- Accurate and comprehensive record keeping
- Clean and sterilize instruments
- Involvement with practice workshops and events
Examples of Specific Duties Include (But Are Not Limited To):
- Manage day-to-day dental assisting operations of practice
- Ensure operatories are fully stocked with materials needed for the day’s procedures/treatments
- Maintain a welcoming and organized clinical area; ensure fully equipped with dental and educational materials.
- Provide appropriate explanations to all patients as to procedures and protocols
- Take radiographs as requested and as qualified with the Ministry of Health, under the Healing Arts Radiation Protection Act (HARP)
- Maintain organized and clean clinical and sterilization areas. Follow inflection control protocol as directed by College (RCDSO).
- Clean, sterilize and maintain instruments, suctions and general equipment.
- Conduct spore/biological indicator tests. Lubricate handpieces. Clean suction lines, basket filters, operatory and main suction traps.
- Weekly cleaning of autoclave and other sterilization equipment as required.
- Accurately file any patient information received
- Monitor inventory, check expiry dates of dental products and order dental supplies as needed
Additionally, skills required will include: Polishing of teeth, placement and removal of rubber dam, placement of alloy in a cavity preparation excluding condensing/carving, taking dental impressions, oral hygiene instruction and risk management education and dietary counseling.
Interested parties please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.